Updated April 2021
In this policy, “we,” “us,” “our”, and “the gallery” means Jane Hamlyn t/a Frith Street Gallery, and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
If you have any questions or comments please email email@example.com
When we collect personal data from you we have very strict storage guidelines. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Any external data processing services we use must comply with our security policies.
By disclosing your personal information to us via frithstreetgallery.com, in person, by phone or in writing, you are giving us your consent to collect, store and process your personal information in the manner described in this Policy. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date within our knowledge.
What we collect
We will keep information which identifies you only if you sign up to our mailing list, attend an event, become a client or if you work with the Gallery in a paid or voluntary capacity. Such personal information could include:
- Your name
- Your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number
- Your payment details / financial data i.e your bank name, account number and sort code
- When browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language
- Information about you that you give us in person at our events and art fairs, by filling in forms on our site www.frithstreetgallery.com (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise]; and
- Information in relation to your purchase of our art work or use of our services
What we do with the information we gather
We use your data to:
- Provide information about our art work and services to you
- Keep you informed about art work, artists and events that we think you may find interesting
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- Communicate with you
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- Keep our site safe and secure
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- Where necessary for security to check your identity
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- to set up and manage any contracts between the gallery and you
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, under the terms of the Fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive effective from 10 January 2020 we are required to keep a record of any customer due diligence information we obtain for a period of five years from the completion date of the transaction).
For all other types of data processing we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on the Gallery's business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our art work or services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Transferring Your Information outside the UK
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the United Kingdom (“UK”) and may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK who work for us, or for one of our service providers.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the UK, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the UK or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer your information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the UK government; or (ii) where you have consented to the transfer.
When you visit the website
We use Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics but we do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This data helps us analyse web page usage and improve our website in order to tailor it to our audience needs.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got there and what you clicked on.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This website contains links to other websites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of these and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website. We advise you to read their own privacy information. The information and usage described in this notice applies only to personal data collected by the Gallery.
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Our e-newsletters will give you news related to the Gallery and items we think will be of interest to you. We will not sell, rent or lease our newsletter subscription lists to any third parties. We may use code within our e-newsletter template to identify which messages you have opened and which links you have clicked on within it to better tailor any future communications.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you and you also have the option of "unsubscribing" thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront of our actions.
If you do not wish for us to process and store your data, you have the right to opt out at any time. If you wish to do this, please email us with Subject ‘OPTING OUT’ at: email@example.com.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
When you agree to receive direct marketing communications, we will keep any information needed to carry out this service for as long as you do not unsubscribe. If you opt out from marketing, we will only retain your information to allow us to respect your wishes and not contact you.
Access to your information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, to correct any inaccuracies in that information or ask us to delete such records. If you would like to have a copy of this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find any inaccuracies we will correct them immediately. If you ask us to delete your records we will destroy all of your personal information that we hold in our files. We will only continue to store your information if it is required for a submission list.
You have the right to complain to the relevant authorities if we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve a problem about our handling of your personal information.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check this page frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.